Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why 'Forgetfully Yours'

Anyone who knows me knows that I am absoulely horrible at keeping in touch with friends and realatives...little alone keeping up with correspondence. Need an idea of just how bad?


  • While in grade school I had three different pen pals...out of their nine different letters to me I wrote one of them...once.

  • While on a two year mission to Idaho I wrote home maybe twelve times and I'm pretty sure that six of these were the direct result of bribery. If I ever needed a little extra money my parents would send along a check with a reminder that I wasn't to endorse it until I had written home.

  • This year I completely forgot my Mom's birthday.

  • I did the exact same thing last year.

  • I didn't even call my Sister and her family this year to wish them a Merry Christmas.

  • Or last year.

  • ....I'm not even sure if I did the year before that.
Call me forgetful, call me thoughtless, call me careless...but unless you call me there's a good chance you won't hear from me at all.


"What's that, what did you say?"
"Did I receive the letter/e-mail you sent me last month?"
" I sure did! It was great to hear from you!"
"....Oooooh so you wanted me to write back. Riiiiight."




Forgetfully Yours

1 comment:

Mom of 5 Gents said...

Maybe it runs in the family? I still have a handmade Christmas present for your family ... which I made two Christmases ago. Love you!