
Well FatherOfFive grows up a bit this year...I actually remembered my sister's birthday on my own...even though several reminders were much appreciated. Hey can I really blame anyone that they felt the needed to remind me this year? Not one bit...I would have done the same thing in their shoes. Although I do have to admit that I intended to send a birthday card, so I guess I still have some progress to make.
When I realized that I had missed the window to send out a birthday card I asked Mom to scan a picture of me and Sis when we were little. I don't have any specific memory of taking taking this picture but I'm sure sometime soon afterward I was pulling your hair. "Sorry Sis." And I'm reminded of all the times I wasn't the nicest brother in the world growing up...and while you weren't always sugar and spice either, I am reminded of how kind you were to me.
I still remember when I first started dating Blondie that I tried to describe her to you and I could only come up with...'She's a lot like you...only better.' High praise indeed.
The years have marched on and while I wouldn't say that we have 'grown apart' we have definately centered our energies on raising our own families...and it doesn't help that we live 951 miles apart (according to Google anyway)...but I'm glad to know that you are, and always will be my little Sis...who's more like my big Sis in many, many ways.
So here's to MomOf5Gents! Happy Birthday!
Oh by the way...you are 70% younger than your house. Here's to hoping that when you turn 117 that your basement pipes aren't clogged up and that the local repair man doesn't think you are diffcult to deal with. : )
3 comments:
THANK YOU!!! Love you lots and lots, big bro!
MATT!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading Momof5gents' blog and found the link to yours! Look at your kids! They are awesome! Tell your lovely wife hi for me and check out my blog!
www.wscraps.blogspot.com
Sarah (Narum) Williams
Wow! Here you guys are. Jer and Niki would love to get in better touch. Hi Blondie and kids. Good memories of when you were here. Is all well with you? Check out our blogspot nikiandjeremyjolleyfamily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment