Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rhinestone Cowboy loves Still Beautiful

Bunni and I were out late tonight picking up Drama Queen from her high school's homecoming bonfire when Puddy asked, from her car seat in back, for us to play "her song" on the radio. Her favorite song happens to be Still Beautiful by Jessica Simpson. We were only a block or so from home so Bunni had to act fast. About 15 seconds into the song we pulled up in the driveway, but we all just sat there listening to our little one sing along to her favorite tune until the song ended. It warms my heart to sit back and listen to her sing along with what Puddy calls her sunshine song. Tonight though triggered a nice memory of my own from when I was about her age.

Maybe it was because we were on a night drive that triggered this memory (night time being my strongest impression of this memory) or maybe I was just really relaxed, I don't know. I just remember that when I was 3 or 4 my favorite song was Rhinestone Cowboy. I remember sitting in the back of our car on one particular night driving through the back country roads of Iowa, my mom at the wheel, trying to sing along to the chorus and that I would often ask my parents to let me finish listening to the rest of the song if we arrived at our destination before it would finish playing. And now I wonder if my parents have a fond memory associated with listening to me sing along to my favorite tune when I was just a little guy.

No comments: