Saturday, March 28, 2009

I told you so.

See my first post. :-)

This week I did something kinda cool, well nerdy cool, but neat to me. I found a website that let me create a font in my own handwritting for free.

What started all this was I was thinking about keeping a journal again, me being me it was going to be much easier to keep on the computer than writting in a book, but I wanted it to be in my own handwritting. (Make sense?)

I had to do a little bit of digital massaging to get it to look right (the form you use to do this doesn't have any lines on it so its easy to get your vertical spacing off and come out with letters in your handwritting but then not have words and sentences look like they were written by someone else. I'm going to try and upload both a corrected and uncorrected example so you can see what I mean.

If you are interested in doing this yourself the website is www.yourfonts.com. You will need a printer to get the form and a scanner to send the file back but its free and all pretty easy to do.

No comments: